Friday, December 5, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes

I coudn't resist posting a conversation I had with my 3 year-old son earlier this week. First a little background information for those who do not know us personally. I am 5'2" and am considerably shorter than everyone in my family of origin. My husband is 6'5" and the shortest of the three boys in his family, his mom is even 6'1". Our boys are tall and skinny and according to their doctor will be well over 6 foot, while our daughter will probably be closer to my height. Now that you know the details, the story...

Seth: Mommy, that's me when I was a baby (looking at a picture in our bedroom)

Me: Yes honey it is.

Seth: Mommy, God grew me to a big boy.

Me: Yes he did, but He started you as a baby.

Seth: But He grew me to a big boy now.

Me: You're right.

Seth: Mommy, when is God going to finish growing you?

Me: He already did honey, this is as tall as I'm going to be.

Seth: But you're little, God needs to finish growing you.

At this point I was out of answers but full of laughter. It's true, you never know what they are going to say, but in our house you will almost always get a laugh out of it.

1 comment:

CindyC said...

Haha, that's adorable!

Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers