Friday, December 5, 2008

Company Girl Coffee Dec. 5


Welcome. Sit down, enjoy a hot drink with me and we can talk about our weeks. It's been a relatively quiet week at our house, I know, I'll pay for that comment later.

I've done good this week at finishing the Small Things at Home Sanctuary every day this week, hopefully I'll be able to keep that up this month. I really enjoyed doing something for my Real Self on Tuesday and I happily went to my Mom to Mom group without one moment of guilt and enjoyed my evening of bible study and girl talk.

Today's Small Thing is to "Wipe the Slate Clean" be it a counter top or relationship, and while relationships can always be improved and I did clean off my buffet this morning, doing the "Small things" everyday is a kind of Clean Slate for me. If I didn't get the task done the previous day I get to start fresh each morning with a new Small Thing and every day I get to work at making our home a sanctuary for my family. I'm also trying to wipe the slate clean with myself, too often we beat ourselves up for not being good enough, not being perfect wives, daughters, friends, MOTHERS!!!!; but more often than not we are much harder on ourselves than our friends and families. Today I'm trying to let go of those things and just enjoy all of the many blessings in my life.

7 comments:

Leeanne said...

You are a blessing to me my dear friend! Having the opportunity to wipe "the slate clean" each day is a good reminder to all of us. By the way, I think the pictures of the kids are super and they will look great hanging in your house! Leeanne

samantha said...

That is so true. I often do beat myself up for not being the perfect mom/wife. I had a bad day today, and it's nice to be reminded that we start each day with a clean slate.

Anonymous said...

Pampering the real you and wiping the slate clean - two not so small things sometimes, don't you think?

mholgate said...

I try to look at each day as a clean slate too. After all, His mercies are new every morning!

Blessings,
Melissa

Rachel Anne said...

I was just talking to a friend about feeling inadequate! Argh! So many opportunities to feel like a failure as a mom, a wife, a Christian. But somehow I don't think God looks at us that way......good thing! I did start with a clean slate in my kitchen today, but it is now a disaster again with dinner dishes. I somehow got sidetracked and I'm sitting here commenting rather than working.

I agree with Leeanne! Your pictures should be framed and hung on a wall. They are simply beautiful.

Cheryl said...

I love clean slates, too! I have had a visual since I was a little girl of God taking an eraser and wiping my slate (of sins) clean constantly. A new beginning is such an amazing feeling.

Your pictures are beautiful! You definitely need to have them framed.

Carol said...

Way to go on completing your tasks! You have a beautiful family.

Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers