Friday, April 3, 2009

Company Girl Coffee 4/3


Good afternoon Company Girls, friends, and family. I hope you all are having a great Friday. It has been a good, busy week here. My husband was able to get quite a few seeds planted in the garden, in another couple of weeks we will get the tomatoes and peppers planted, I can't wait.

An interesting thing happened this week. My parents moved us from Texas to KY many years ago. I left behind some wonderful friends, and while we stayed in touch for several years, I eventually lost touch with all but two of them. I am still friends with those two wonderful women still, as of now we have been friends for more than 25 years. But, I have often wondered what happened to everyone else. This week I was able to find out. One of those friends found me on facebook and within a couple of days I had reconnect with 4 friends. I had looked for them last summer when I joined, but had not looked in several months. It has been wonderful getting back in touch with my earliest friends. We have spent this week emailing and catching up with each other. I have loved every minute of it.

Gratitude Friday:
1. Spring weather
2. Reconnecting with long, lost friends.
3. Welcoming a new family member.
4. Starting a nightly devotion time with the kids.
5. My Mom to Mom group at church.
6. A loving God.
7. A wonderful family.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and enjoy simplifying your life today.

4 comments:

Gayla said...

Isn't facebook wonderful? I have reconnected with so many friends from "long ago" through facebook! You have a beautiful family! Enjoy your week (and weekend).

Rachel Anne said...

I have mixed feelings about facebook! I love reconnecting, but I also kinda hate reconnecting (to some people) Sometimes it's time to let go of relationships.....and then POOF! There they are, wanting to friend you. But I know the good FAR outweighs the bad, for sure. It makes the world seem very small!

Hope you have a great weekend!!

Anonymous said...

I've really enjoyed fb. Reconnecting with old friends has been great. Growing up an Army Brat I've got friends and aquaintances from all over. I went to 3 different High Schools. I've enjoyed sharing family pictures with friends.
Have a great weekend!
Lydia Cate

Anonymous said...

I love reconnecting with old friends too. Like Rachel Anne, I'm mixed about FB too...some people "friend" everyone...seriously, do you know 800 people? Anyhow, it's an easy way to keep up to date with those you want to keep in touch with.

Have a great weekend.

Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers