Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day


I had a great Mother's Day this year. We went to Ft. Thomas to spend some time with my mother and grandmother, since they have been gone for a month. While it did take us longer than usual to get there on Friday afternoon due to several wrecks and delayed traffic, the rest of the weekend was fun.

On Saturday, we ventured over to Eden Park in Cincinnati to spend some time at the Conservatory. The kids loved the waterfall and the goldfish in the ponds. After lunch the rest of the day was spent taking a nap and riding "bicycles" in the driveway.

Sunday dawned cold and rainy and two kids with a fever. Riley slept until 10am and had to be woken up to make it to church on time, she then proceeded to sleep through church. Seth also acted like he did not feel good and he also slept through church. All in all, the weekend was fun and we enjoyed spending time with everyone and we can't wait to see them again very soon.

Mother's Day is a special day, at least to us mothers. I look forward to the day when I get all of those "unusual" kid gifts, because at least they will have picked them out themselves. I love being a mother, and while it is without a doubt the hardest most mentally and physically draining job I have ever had, I would not change it for the world. After marrying Jared, having our 3 kids was the best decisions I ever made and life would not be as bright,or loud, without those 3 angels.

No comments:

Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers