Saturday, September 13, 2008

Company Girl Coffee




For several months now I have been reading a blog called Home Sanctuary. This blog focuses on doing "Small Things" around your home to help make it a sanctuary for you and your family. I try to do the posted "assignment" each day, it helps make me feel like I'm accomplishing at least one thing every day. This week she started "Company Girl Coffee" where we can share each week, I love this idea, although we'll see how good I am at participating.

This week my favorite small thing was working on my bookcase. This is something that I have been putting on my To-Do List almost every day for the past couple of weeks, but never actually completed. This week I did.....

Before


After


Contrary to what it looks like, I took about 30 books off of the shelves and as much as I would like to put decorative objects in with the books, my kids are still too little for that to be an option right now.

If you are wondering about my classification system, the book are arranged by subject and then my size within the subject.

3 comments:

Rachel Anne said...

WOW! That looks great! So organized! I got mine sorta arranged by size and subject but still did not QUITE finish! No room for decorative objects...waaah. But much better than when I started.

Thanks for jumping into the meme! I have really enjoyed seeing what the Small Things look like at everyone else's house! I look forward to seeing more :)

Anonymous said...

I posted about my rearranging too! Good job!

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

I noticed right away that books were missing in the second photo! Great job!!! Will you come organize mine now? :)

Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers